I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Colorado and California and graduated with a Psy.D in Clinical Psychology from the Wright Institute in Berkeley, CA. I have 7 years of clinical experience. I work primarily with children and families, as well as adults and I utilize evidenced-based interventions to support those I work with.
My areas of specialization for children include:
- Anxiety (e.g performance and test anxiety, perfectionism, social anxiety, and generalized anxiety)
- Childhood Trauma
- ADHD Support (i.e. executive functioning coaching)
- Family Challenges and Life Transitions (e.g divorce, separation anxiety, school transitions)
- Behavioral Challenges
- Parent Coaching
- Academic Struggles
- Cultural Stressors
My areas of specialization for adults include:
- Mood disorders
- Work stress
- Relationship challenges
- Men’s issues (e.g. cultural expectations, masculinity, sexuality)
- Self-compassion and self-esteem
- South Asian mental health (e.g. topics centering on boundaries, codependency, identity development, cultural expectations, intergenerational trauma, and biculturalism)
I work largely from a relational framework where I believe the foundation of change is in creating a trusting relationship. My theoretical background includes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, Attachment Theory, Family Systems, Eco-Psychology, and Multicultural theories. As a South Asian American, I acknowledge the importance of context and incorporate cultural sensitivity in my approach. As a neuroscientist and researcher, I include the most well studied and empirically-validated interventions when providing treatment.
My approach is collaborative and flexible with a dash of humor. I use an integrative lens that combines both a solution-focused approach with a focus on process and our past experiences. At times, I believe that to understand our current stressors, we need to lean into our past experiences and understand how they’ve shaped us.
I strive to create a friendly atmosphere where you can feel welcomed, safe, understood, and most authentically yourself. I am excited to be able to join you on your journey to better understand yourself and manage the stressors in your life. I welcome you to visit my website (link on the left) to learn more about my approach, or email me to schedule a complimentary consult to see if we’re a good fit. I look forward to the possibility of working together!