Dr. Arora treats individuals across the life cycle including adolescents over the age of 17 and adults. Her expertise is in treating all psychiatric illnesses, including but not limited to:
- Mood instability (Bipolar disorder)
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic Stress disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Relationship issues
- Issues of self-esteem
- Her treatment is uniquely tailored to each individual and utilizes evidence-based practices. Modalities of treatment include both medication management and psychotherapy.
Dr. Arora provides in-office treatment and maintenance for opioid (heroin, pain medication such as oxycontin, Vicodin, Percocet, Roxicet, etc) addiction. She has extensive experience with medications used to treat opiate dependence such as buprenorphine/naloxone (Suboxone). Withdrawal is a very uncomfortable and painful experience. Having an experienced physician is a key element for a safe and smooth detoxification process.
Dr. Arora also treats addiction to:
- Stimulant medication
- Behavioral addictions: e.g. gambling
- In treating addictive disorders, Dr. Arora combines medication management with relevant psychotherapy to increase motivation, facilitate behavioral change and address underlying issues driving the addictive behavior.
Note: If you already have a therapist, Dr. Arora is willing to collaborate care and see you for medication management